End of Block 1 & start of block 2

MS block 1 - tough new beginnings, many adjustments, learning to balance school and life, new friendships, old friendships....doubts, frustration, envy, tough times and coming back to the Lord for reaffirmation, peace, rest and simple joy. 

Block break has been wonderful to catch up on rest and talk to some old friends.  One conversation was particularly striking, as my friend pointed out that I am often blunt in conversation, sometimes not paying attention or care about what the conversation is about, but trying too hard to direct the conversation in a way that I want it to go. While in my mind, I am trying to "make the most" out of the conversation and the time, sometimes this is just for my own selfish motives and not necessarily the best way to deepen a relationship. 

Umm so I am not the best conversation maker... but glad to know the Lord has blessed me in so many other ways, may the Spirit guide all my conversations as well as future decisions. 


"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
    who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
    who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
- Psalm 103:1-5


This song has been stuck in my head for the past week... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment