Oops, has neglected blogging for almost a year.... and what a year it's been!
Dreamed about match day and med school graduation since... well, before med school. These 4 years haven't been easy, but praise God for a wonderful community and family, who will continue to support me through residency!
Have I thought about leaving? yes, many times. But I suppose it's more for the excitement of is the grass greener on the other side than other reasons. It's called the "Match", because it's not necessarily by our own choice, but rather where we are meant to be, by "fate", or God's plan. A reminder that no matter how hard we work or try to control every aspect of our lives, God is ultimately in control and sovereign over all things. I'm so thankful and overwhelmed by His grace that carried me through it all.
I'm also excited to be seeing familiar faces around the hospital: co-residents, attendings, and patients. I saw a Chinese patient about 4 times already during his different hospitalizations. One time he asked me if I'll stay after I graduate, I replied that I don't know, and he said, it'd be nice if I can be his doctor. The feels.
And my parents are ecstatic that I'm staying, and already shared the news with all my relatives in China, hah. One of my uncles wrote a poem, it's pretty neat actually:
喳喳喜鹊叫窗前,
远隔重洋喜讯传。
廿载寒窗甚辛苦,
今天金榜更甘甜。
悬壶济世开新业,
救死扶伤效古贤。
学海无涯无止境,
高峰万仞勇登攀。
A little intimated by what residency will bring... aka I'm going to be introducing myself as a doctor? whattt..... But I trust that if God placed me here, He must have His plans for me.
In the mean time... lots of hang outs with friends until most of them move out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment