Beginning of a new journey

A week into medical school- retreat/orientations/socials one after another, meeting many people in a short amount of time and talking in light conversations.... I'm getting tired of socializing so much, the introvert in me need some alone time. Need to make and follow a schedule, and make blocks of time for devotional and exercise, I feel tired right now, both physically and perhaps spiritually..

The change of school, classmates and expectations threw me off guard. I don't think I ever really understood about the culture of "elite" schools until now. Up until now, I was too comfortable in my bubble, confident of my skills and knowledge (as compared to others), and perhaps finding my identity in this assurance. Coming to med school has definitely allowed me to appreciate just how little do I know, and also, I find that I often compare myself to others, and sometimes judge others based on their accomplishments. erh, i know that we shouldn't judge, or we will be judged too. I think for me it's more because I'm uncertain now of my abilities, and I try to find some assurance in certain level of comparison. 


 Pride, idols... we always talk about these sins, yet it is so difficult to overcome, it takes complete obedience of the Lord on a daily basis to put us on guard against these sins. And for me, I pray to put my identity in the Lord first and foremost, to be confident of His promises and His love for me, to trust that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).. To not be proud, but at the same time, not to belittle God's power, for "with God all things are possible." (Mat.19:26) 


This will be an interesting journey of discovering myself as well as God's purpose for me. It may be difficult, but I'm joyous to be blessed with God's presence, set free by His sacrifice and love, HOPE is here!


So, let the journey begin! 

1 comments:

Post a Comment