It's easy to get lost in the busyness of life. You continue to do one thing after another. WORK, cook, eat, socialize, emails, facebook, manga, sleep. Life goes on and on. Time slips away so quickly that it's hard to keep track of the days. This is how I feel right now.... yes, even at Switzerland.
And may be more so at Switzerland, because it's the first time I am living independently and without a Christian community. Back home, I have fellowship, discipler, and church to remind me about God and feed me spiritual food. But here, even though I went to several churches, I still feel a bit unsatisfied.
Sometimes when I get back from work, I'm so hungry and tired that all I want to do is eat and relax, read a manga or just do nothing.... no wonder time seems to gone by so quickly. I keep trying to fill up this void I am feeling, yet I still feel unsatisfied. My roots in Christianity is still not deep enough to sustain me.
Looking around, "friends" seem to be a good alternative to get rid of this emptiness or loneliness. I see so many people who rely solely on their friends or other worldly entertainments. And i know that I was like that too, at some point. But if you really think about it, how many of these friends are actually very close friends? How many times did you have a REAL conversation about life? How many of them are you about to tell your deepest secret... or your sin? It makes me a bit sad that some friends who were once "close", are no longer close to me. And some friends I have now are just there to be there, to 'have fun", but not actually there with you in heart.
I think all of us need our heavenly Father to complete us and make us whole. And I hope I will be able to walk closer to Him... walk one step at a time, led by the light from His lamp, and continue on this journey called life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
yeah I know how you feel when I was away I felt like I lost in touch with Him without the community around me, it was like a 迷失 sort of feeling. but in these situations, it really does force you to sink into the roots and build a stronger foundation with Him. think of this as a new challenge with Him, because we tend to get comfortable with familiar surroundings we've settled with. with more exposures we get, we experience new paths with Him and who knows?there might be more than what you think He has yet to show you :]
Post a Comment