Reflection/ testimony on John 4:1-26
Jesus, a Jewish man, walks for days to meet the Samaritan woman, and then he humbly asks the Samaritan woman for a drink. But she does not recognize Jesus, and she questions his motive. Jesus is the son of God, and he deserves respect from everyone. Even though the woman talked to him in a rude way, he continues to talk to her and offers her the gift of God. Then after gaining her trust, Jesus says the truth about the woman’s failed relationships with men, and offers her the healing solution: stop worshiping man, instead, worship God in spirit and truth.
This passage can be applied to our lives today, as many of us worship the opposite sex, idols, money, success, etc. I often find myself striving so hard to succeed in school, but then I still feel empty, and I am never satisfied with my grades. I also used to worship my friends by attending their parties, trying to please them and buy them gifts, yet I do not feel satisfied in their love for me… I see flaws in everyone and that was disheartening. Like the Samaritan woman, I had idealized visions of people, but in reality, human relationships only make us thirst for more, something deeper, and that is the love of God. We are created to worship God, and Jesus was sent to Earth to provide us the living water so we will never have to thirst again. As I take this cup, I am also reminded to share with my friends this amazing living water. Often they talk to me and talk about how miserable life is. When I ask what is their goal in life, they say is to achieve success and find a loving partner. Yet there are so many uncertainties, and on our way to work for success, we might lose ourselves and lose our identity as children of God. We slave away for money, and we end up feeling tired and lonely. Even a husband/ wife, or friends, cannot fulfill our emptiness, because human love is not perfect as God’s love is. In order to have joy and feel satisfied, we need to fulfill our purpose on Earth: to worship and glorify God, and to spread the message of His love to people like the Samaritan woman. I thank God for the cup of living water He provided for me, and I praise Him for the amazing work He has done in my life
I was blind, but now I see.

0 comments:
Post a Comment