Another insightful sunday school class that talks about LOVE. Even though we know that we should love God and one another, how many of us can say that we always do so? It's easy to say that we love someone, but not so easy to spend time and energy to truly love.
And of course, with love, there is always a risk of getting hurt....when we give our heart to someone, he/she can drop it, break it, reject us. However, with these rejections we came to know how Jesus has loved us. Even though the people of this world rejected him, hurt him, crucified him, he was still willing to DIE for the people of this world. He COMMANDS us to LOVE. Even though risks are invovled, we should strive to live according to His commandments, and trust that He will provide the best for us, and that even though there are might be some hurtful feelings in the process, we will still find joy in loving God and our neighbors.
1 Corinthian 13
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails.
Jesus is all these characteristics above. What about you? How many of these characteristics do you possess? We should strive to love and display these characteristics as Christians. Only when we learn to love, will we become mature Christians.
This summer I really started experiencing God and what He has stored for me....as one of the few UH students at our college fellowship, I feel like I'm kind of an ambassador to establish a good connection between UH and rice, UT, or A&M. And so far I think I done pretty well? maybe...well, I can't say that I got to know anyone particularly well, but I have good conversations with some people and hang out with them. Sometimes I feel that what college we go to reallly doesn't matter that much, only when school discussions came about did I feel kind of excluded....
It's funny that today, a graduate of Rice told me, "i keep thinking you are from Rice"....I laughed it off, but it's bittersweet... and we also mentioned that what is going to happen to fellowships when school start, will UH and rice just seperate? UH has so few people from HCC though, and they all live at home...I really have no idea how this is going to work out, and i really would like to keep in touch with some rice friends.....sigh, aren't we all supposed to love each other without regard to education? How will we love each other if we don't know each other well, in fact, if we don't even SEE or talk to each other? I mean sure maybe we'll say hi in Church on sundays, but that's really no comparison to fellowship and small group time...
I realized that God has put me in UH for a reason. Perhaps i can lead a change that He has planned for the HCC college group. I just pray that I will be able to carry out His wishes, and not doing anything for my own selfish desires.... I really pray for good networking between UH and Rice, there are so many misconceptions of each other, that leads to seperation and exclusivity...as part of the same Church, i just really pray for us to all grow as one body, and to love each other, and praise God together.
another interesting reminder I received from God....to humble myself. Instead of thinking "i was accepted to rice and duke and in a premed program", I am beginning to be more humble about my situation. Because you know, what school I go to really shouldn't matter to another brother or sister in christ. we are all children of God, and we live to serve Him wherever we go to. Maybe He has planned for me to serve Him and others at UH, where there is a NEED of fellowship and community. I shouldn't be ashamed of the plans He has set for me. Also, if the other person does not want to communicate with me or get to know me better just because of my school, then that person is probably not worth my time anyway...not that I shouldn't try to get to know that person, but he/she should not judge me based on my school. God is the only judge. I have to keep that in mind as well, and igore other people's judgements or prejudices. For if I love God wholeheartedly, He will shower me with His good will and provide for me His good and perfect plan.
Praying for good fellowship between people of different schools. Praying for an outpour of Love. Praying for patience (research..). Praying for more devotion to praise God, live for God's glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment