Have been praying for a long time about what to do in the summer.. vacation or research or volunteering or studying, praise that God has answered my prayer through providing a grant to run a summer camp for young Bhutanese refugees, to educate them about preventive health & wellness, mental health, and healthcare access. I was first concerned that I won't be able to plan such program in a short time, but unexpectedly other people have just popped up and wanted to help!
And also, after talking to a collaborator today, she mentioned that I should get in touch with a Bhutanese church pastor who is very involved in the community. At first I was confused by what she meant by a Bhutanese church, but after doing some search on them, I see that they are a Christ-centered community, wow.. just wow.
http://www.baptiststandard.com/news/texas/12723-houston-church-eases-transition-for-bhutanese-refugees
Although this is not what I originally intended to do... grateful for God's provisions and looking forward to working with brothers & sisters in the Houston mission field
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow,and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt." - Deuteronomy 10:17-19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
how exciting!!
PTLL!!!! and congrats :DDDD
Post a Comment