When Jesus came down from the mountain, large crowds followed Him.And a leper came to Him and bowed down before Him, and said, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.”Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.And Jesus said to him, “See that you tell no one; but go, show yourself to the priest and present the offering that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”- Matthew 8:1-4
Regardless whether the man in this passage really had leprosy or if it's some other skin disease, it's still amazing that Christ can heal him with just a touch. It's good to put things into perspective, our limited capacity to heal others, versus God's limitless power to restore and cleanse.
Looking back on my medical journey so far, I had to struggle in studying far more than I ever imagined. But that's not even the hardest part. In the midst of trying to balance things I want to do, sometimes I find myself confused about my identity. Is it defined by school/ career? By friends I hang out with? By church or religion? The answer of course is that none of these are sufficient. My old discipler used to tell me to find my identity in Christ, but I think I'm still trying to figure out what exactly does that look like in my life...
On the other hand, aside from school, last week has been a whirlwind of somber events with the Boston bombing, Texas fertilizer plant explosion, the earthquake in Sichuan, and more personally- my aunt diagnosed with cancer. These are striking reminders that we really can't take our lives for granted. How insignificant we are compared to the all powerful creator of the universe! As Piper said in his last sermon, our God is absolutely existing, and He does not like to be taken for granted.
glad that I was able to take some time off last few days to relax and hang out with a few sisters in a beach vacation home. Roadtrip is always more fun with friends. I miss getting to know people in a different context outside of school and church.. I guess I haven't been doing that as much since med school started, eeeek
Life is like the waves of the sea, there are big and small waves that can disrupt the surface, but if you look into the horizon, the waves become part of a bigger picture, the sea looks calm and peaceful. We still have to face every wave that comes our way, but it's good to look to the horizon once in a while.

0 comments:
Post a Comment