End of Block 3 & Foundations

Last Friday marks the end of our block 3, and also beginning of break! Looking back to the last 4.5 months, I can't believe how far we have come and how much we have learned (and somethings i learned that i wish i didn't... thanks Dr. K...).  Dr.G is right, we won't ever look at the world/ human bodies the same way ever again, medicine is becoming a part of our lives (chicken tendon will never look the same... ). However, at the same time, we cannot let medicine TAKE OVER our lives... sometimes this is difficult to do... esp in the particular environment that is Med School, with all the high-achievers, and people who knows how to work with the system and not against it...

I had a hard time adjusting to this new environment, and all the while not getting lost in this race/ marathon.  With studying been such a time-consuming task, i had to really think about how to make the most out of my limited free time... I prayed about time management & balance for a long time, and although i still struggle with making decisions/wasting time sometimes, I think overall God has really convicted me to prioritize..  first and foremost, quality time spent with Him. Instead of crying out to the Lord only in times of crisis, it is much better to rely on Him everyday, even when we don't feel like we "need" Him. The devil works in our hearts so we are kept busy, "you don't have time for God", but that is never an excuse.  I have definitely fallen into this trap multiple times... but I'm also blessed to have such a loving God who has called me back to Him, and gave me peace in desperate times. Don't know how I would have come through this far without the good Shepherd in my life. 

Last message and reminder to myself on this journey: 
God is the Healer. We are just His Hands! 


As tomorrow is 12/21/2012... let's hope it is not the end of the world :)... but as the Lord tells us, the end will come when you do not expect it, hah 

0 comments:

Post a Comment