After 4 days in korea

Random thoughts on Korea: 

1. It reminds me of a combination of China w/ western influences as well as Japanese influence.. 
2. When ppl first meet me, they usually think I'm Korean and speaks to me in Korean, but i can't understand T.T
3. I ordered my first dinner today, it was a packed takeout meal, after I said in Korean, "please give me this", the owner asks me a question that I didn't know, and he asks if I'm Chinese... 
4. the Korean mosquitoes really love me. They are huge and the bites are huge... they woke me up in the middle of the night for two nights... I bought mosquito repellents yesterday 
5. Toured around Seoul with 3 missionary kids, learned that there are no McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts in Kenya or Kazakhstan. 
6. The MK from Kazakhstan speaks English with a Russian accent, it reminds me sooo much of my Russian mentor from last summer! It cracks me up to hear him speak... 
7. Jajangmyeon in Korea is very popular, and very different from Chinese Zha Jiang Mian. 

First meal in Korea, 삼계탕, Sam gye tang, chicken ginseng soup, delicious! 


Seoul


Korean Jajangmyeon (at a Chinese restaurant) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment