Tsunami, brain tumor, ...MCAT

Tsunami- had a dream this morning that a tsunami is coming, and I saw that some of my childhood best friends were in classrooms that were consumed by the waves.. I had wings so I could escape to higher grounds, and I also carried my parents to high buildings (they were heavy..).  It was strange, but I also distinctly remember that at the end of my dream, I still managed to take my MCAT (it started late due to tsunami).

Brain tumor-  I just found out today that one of my suitemate, S, just finished a surgery to remove a brain tumor... and she also just moved out today. I knew she wasn't feeling well and she had to go to ER, but I didn't suspect at all it was this serious.. I wish I had spent more time w/ her while she was still here....

Tsunami, brain tumor... how sudden and unpredictable life can be.  Can you imagine, going to work/ school one day, and suddenly there's a tsunami alarm ... not only do you barely have time to escape for your life, but your house & everything in it is completely wiped out?  Or, one day at school you feel an intense headache that doesn't go away, and you go to the hospital to check it out and the doctor tells you that you have a brain tumor and need immediate surgery?

The storms of life can be so unpredictable and terrifying, yet we always think, oh well that won't happen to me.. but what if it does? Can you still continue life with the same determination? Can you hold your ground and not sunk into despair? What do you place your hopes in?

I guess for me, perhaps God is telling me, you know, MCAT is really not that bad compare to all these other things that could potentially change your life. I have to appreciate what I have, my health, my family, a home. Really, it's hard to remember to appreciate things that you take for granted. But, let God remind us again how much blessings He has given us, and how much He really loves us.

Praying for people in Japan + S's recovery

1 comments:

we prayed for your mcat during the prayer meeting last week! hope it went well :)
and thanks for writing this. it's amazing how much God spares us from everyday, we have so much to be thankful for...

 

Post a Comment