End of 2010, begining of 2011

As school start again for me tomorrow, it finally seems that 2010 has ended and 2011 has began.
Looking back, so many things seem to have happened in 2010, and I really grown a lot. Going through gospel of John with Grace and reading the bible myself has opened my eyes to see just how amazing our God is, and how fortunate that I am one of His children.

My time spent in Switzerland also allowed me to reflect what is important in my life, what are my passions, and what I need to do to make a lasting impact. The mountains, sky, lakes and rivers were indeed very beautiful, but no matter how much I want to, I cannot take their beauty with me, I cannot find full satisfaction in them. Only God fulfills our yearning for beauty, and indeed I have seen God's amazing work among the people there....


On the other hand, even though God has blessed me so much, I still continue to struggle with laziness and pride. As CS Lewis mentions in Mere Christianity, pride is "the Great Sin", it makes us competitive, and our eyes look down on others instead of look up for God. And it's one of the vices that "hardly any people, except Christians, ever imagine that they are guilty themselves".  I have to admit I didn't even realize how much pride has affected me until I was reading Mere Christianity today and identified myself with some of the things CS Lewis talks about... again and again, God humbles me, and I need to remind myself of just how small we are compared to God, and seek humility..

2011 has started off well, the CCF retreat set a good starting point for the year. I realized how much God values community, and how we should also appreciate the community and actively contribute to it... I'm excited to see where God leads CCF this year.

And I'll end with my key verse for 2011, which God showed me during the Sunday morning devotional at retreat... John 15:16-17
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

p.s. Found out last week about my awesome great-grandfather (my mom's grandfather) who was a 地主, studied at Yale,  worked as diplomat in the Philippines, and was a devoted Christian w/ 7 children...one of whom is a pastor and founded a church in China!!! Some of my relatives in China still go to that church every week, I hope I'll get a chance to visit as well when I go back next time!! I'm really curious how does the churches in China preach the gospel and how do the people receive it... it'll be interesting indeed to talk to my cousins about God


0 comments:

Post a Comment